Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Camping

Steven, Lathan and I took a break from the madness and went camping with some family a couple weekends ago. We went over to Sugar Bay in Land Between The Lakes or LBL as we call it around these here parts.

We only stayed Saturday night and most all day Sunday but the boys had a ball. I wish we could have stayed a bit longer but our schedules wouldn't allow that. Steven had a game early Saturday morning so we couldn't go Friday night. Trent couldn't go because he had to fix a couple tractors and do some much needed clean up in the fields from the ice storm we had a few months ago. I hope we can take all the boys sometime soon and stay for a few days. I miss camping with the boys. It has been several years since we've been. This was also the first time Lathan has been and don't think he didn't let everyone he saw know that..lol.

We had a big time sitting around the fire and doing some night fishing. Steven caught his first catfish ever and boy was it a catch. It weighed in at 7.1 lbs. He was so excited he even talked about having it stuffed and mounted...Sorry son, but I have a better idea of how to enjoy that big 'ole fish...heehee. yummy yummy.










Steven sure was on a roll with the fish. This is a nice size bass he caught too. He caught several while we were there but these were the biggest. I caught a couple but none of them were worth mentioning compared to the ones he got.








Lathan usually could care less about swimming. He's more of an in and out kind of swimmer. Not to mention I'm not a huge fan of swimming in the lake, so I didn't think too much about packing swimsuits for the boys. Lathan doesn't even like wearing shorts very much so he pretty well stays in his Wrangler's and boots all the time. My lil' redneck, gotta love it. But when we got down to the boat ramp and he saw all the other kids swimming he wanted to too. So he stripped off those boots and Wrangler's down to his Batman boxer briefs and away he went. I was surprised he stayed in the water as long as he did. He had a ball.




Posted by Picasa



This is where I was most of Sunday, I had the sunburn to prove it.



Here is another shot I took while the kids were swimming and we adults were relaxing...errr I mean fishing..heehee.


It was a beautiful weekend to go, I am so glad the storms gave us a break long enough.

If you would like to check out more on Land Between the Lakes, go to LBL.org

2 comments:

Melissa S said...

Those are beautiful shots! It looks like a wonderfully warm sunny day. Glad you were able to have some fun Monica..looks like the boys enjoyed too!

~kRiStY~ said...

Ok, so we need to totally retrain Trent's brain wave, so next time he can come and join us!!!! I really enjoyed you guys being there, it was a ton of fun, I can't wait till next time! I am gonna post some a blog on it too, just in a few! It was so great to meet you. You're a great friend!
*hugs*