Friday, October 12, 2007

Using Sketches

Up until a few days ago I hadn't used a sketch for a page. It's not that I have anything against using sketches. I think they are great for inspiration. It is just that I haven't done it. No excuse really. Well while I was running through the "Challenges" forum at Scrapbook.com I noticed a Sketch challenge for the month. So I thought to myself why not. I ended up using 2 of the 3 sketches offered for the month on the following two pages that I also entered into several other challenges. I really like how they turned out and want to say a public THANKS to Liz Qualman (Q-diggity) for the great inspiration. Check out her gallery for more great sketches.


Sketch 1



And here is my take on the sketch, the flourishes and flowers are handmade


Sketch 2



My take on this sketch.





Check out the full descriptions for my pages and products I used in my Gallery .
Also if you are needing some great inspriation or just a little kick in the hind quarters to get those pages out...check out the galleries and challenge threads at Scrapbook.com.

Happy Friday & Happy Scrappin'

Monica

2 comments:

maryjo said...

love your take on the sketches. i always intend to use becky higgins in ck but never seem to get to it so i know what u mean. those definitions are hilarious & i think i might have o read the book now! love the blog. maryjo

ValAnn said...

I love using sketches and making my own sketches. Part of my doodling mind draws them when I'm on the phone at work... kind of distracting, but it's all good!